I want to start getting rid of the clutter in my life and this year, I plan to start inside the four walls of my very own room.

I used to have a huge room back when we still lived in our own house. We moved out about 2 years ago. Now we're living in a very, very small rented apartment (which is still a pain in the ass to clean, I have no idea why). And when I say very small, I mean VERY SMALL. like it's-the-living-room-*1step*-oh-look-it's-the-kitchen small.

My room is so tiny, my bed alone almost occupies the whole effing room! I don't have a work area so I work propped on my bed and everything.

I plan on moving to a bigger (and cheaper) apartment someday but in the meantime (since I think that plan is going to take a while for me to be able to pull off), I want to redesign my room for two reasons:

1 - so that I'll actually have space for work AND sleeping (trust me, the house is too tiny for me to relocate my work area. It's either my room or--no workspace at all.).

2 - so that it still looks cozy and I'd actually look forward to hanging out in my own room!



This is how it looks like right now:



And this is how I want it to look like:
(I'm asking help from friends if they think they can come up with a better design to make the room look more spacious)



Looks like everything must go.
Even the bed (good lord, the bedbugs!). Even the small shelf, the side table and the TV that belongs to my ex. Everything goes.

And I'm not planning on buying the new stuff at a mall or an Our Home shop.
I'm thinking of having the furniture custom-made by a sash factory. Is that cheaper?

This is my project this year. :) Anyone have any ideas that could help?